HO scale printable signs in need for Dad

am looking for printable HO scale signs that I can print on poster paper with my Roland.
    or anything that I can use that is HO scale

Thank you for your time

I can tell ya that HO scale ratio is 1:87.....Scale per foot is 3.5mm = 1 foot so you can use that to make HO scale signs of your own designs....

If you google "HO scale signs" you can find all sortsa HO sign images....printable maybe, but I expect plotting and weeding a HO scale traffic sign would be fun...Sho 'nuf would need a microscope to do the weeding....hehehee

:-)~
    JimmyG's Signs & hieroglyphics
    Local colour FINE SIGNS since 1980....
    slightly out of register......a drop shade away from statesboro blues...
    a tad bit offbeat and indeed a fine tone of local colour....
    designs, graphics, blasted redwood, hand-lettered painted signs, illuminations, metalworks, and other artful deeds that get installed into reality or maybe carved in stone.....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    I can tell ya that HO scale ratio is 1:87.....Scale per foot is 3.5mm = 1 foot so you can use that to make HO scale signs of your own designs....

If you google "HO scale signs" you can find all sortsa HO sign images....printable maybe, but I expect plotting and weeding a HO scale traffic sign would be fun...Sho 'nuf would need a microscope to do the weeding....hehehee

Ok, JimmyG am totally lost on your math. -lol

I was never good in math. Me reading a ruler is an inch and two marks or just a hair pass an inch

The scale ratio measure (1:87 or 1 to 87) is the difference in length or width measure (scaled item to reality item) with any measurement "unit" that you would want to use, inches, feet, yards, millimeter, centimeter, etcetera....

"Scale to Foot measure is 3.5mm = 1 foot" uses millimeter to foot comparison so that one doesn't have to use fractions of a foot or fraction or 10th decimals of an inch to calculate scale...

Let's say you wanted to make some "traffic signs" for your HO scale railroad environment model....
    A 12"x18" sign would equal 3.5mm x 5.25mm in HO scale....A 18"x24" sign would equal 5.25mm x 7mm in HO scale....A 30"x30" STOP sign or round yellow RR Crossing sign would equal 8.75mm x 8.75mm in HO scale....A 36"x36" STOP sign or yellow RR Crossing sign would equal 10.5mm x 10.5mm ( 27/64 inch X 27/64 inch ) in HO scale....

A 10ft. x 20ft. billboard would measure 35mm x 70mm ( 1-25/64 inch X 2-49/64 inch ) in HO scale....so you can see quite small in size related to reality...

Let's say you wanted to place some vehicles in your HO scale setting....The average regular cab pickup truck is 18 feet in length, so the model truck to fit HO scale would be 63mm or 6.3cm in length....

Let's compare all this to the popular Hot Wheels model race toys....The smaller Hot Wheels cars are made to scale ratio of 1:64 scale and the larger Hot Wheels cars are made to 1:43 scale....So, compared to HO scale ratio of 1:87, both of the sizes of Hot Wheels would be TOO LARGE to fit accurately in an HO scale model environment...

designs, graphics, blasted redwood, hand-lettered painted signs, illuminations, metalworks, and other artful deeds that get installed into reality or maybe carved in stone.....

There are plenty of HO scale signs and accessories available if you google or ebay search for them. The model railroad community is huge and well supplied. Understanding scale can be confusing especially if you throw converting from inches/feet to metric into the mix. To my understanding HO scale or 1:87 simply means 1 inch = 87 inches or 1 foot = 87 feet or 1 cm = 87 cms or 1 meter = 87 meters etc. You can find HO (and other)scale conversion charts/convertors online to help. there's a good conversion tool here ... http://www.scalemodelersworld.com/on...rter-tool.html

yeppers sinetist....learning, trying, applying, knowing scale conversions is actually quite fun and indeed a valuable tool.....
    I do all my signage artwork designs "to scale" to reality to make real production very accurate, and it sure helps with production layout time spent...

Some times, with my scaled preliminary signage artwork, if I have reason to believe that my prospective customer will bid out my drawings for competitive quotes I will wangle the scale of supplied drawings to like 3:5 just to give a competitor some scaling corrections homework....I know such sounds kinda mean, but hey, quality means accuracy from design to finished product...please pardon me when I digress....