Arrow

Hi everyone,
    I just bought Flexi 8.5 pro and hate it. I tried to print a halloween poster for a customer and the color of the screen was blood red and it printed orange. Over the past year I have been using versa works and everything was great up until I installed Flexi 8.5 pro. Now when I print a piture and it has red in it, the red is orange. I unistalled flexi and still have that problem. Please if anyone can help it would be apreciated. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ken Cooper @ Oct 22 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Hi everyone,
    I just bought Flexi 8.5 pro and hate it. I tried to print a halloween poster for a customer and the color of the screen was blood red and it printed orange. Over the past year I have been using versa works and everything was great up until I installed Flexi 8.5 pro. Now when I print a piture and it has red in it, the red is orange. I unistalled flexi and still have that problem. Please if anyone can help it would be apreciated. Thanks[/b]
    I'm a little more familiar with the VersaCamms. When my red (and yellow) tinged orange, I found the cap top to be the issue. They were not sealing properly. Do you have clear definition of colors when you look at the cap tops?
    Inks from the same cap can sometimes suck back into the other damper.

Then there is the usual questions:
    Has the machine been cleaned regularly? (manually)
    What shape are the caps, wipers, dampers in?
    Are there any other colors not printing correctly?
    Have color management settings changed?
    J.R.

Graphic F/X

Created with:
    Roland VersaCamm 540, Roland GX-24,Corel Graphics Suite, CASmate, Flexi-PRO, Adobe CS,
    Several Iwata's, and a hand full of brushes.

At the foot of Beautiful Pikes Peak, Colorado U.S.A.

The thing about being self-employed is you only have to work half of a day...and YOU get to choose which 12 HOURS it is going to be!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ken Cooper @ Oct 22 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Hi everyone,
    I just bought Flexi 8.5 pro and hate it. I tried to print a halloween poster for a customer and the color of the screen was blood red and it printed orange. Over the past year I have been using versa works and everything was great up until I installed Flexi 8.5 pro. Now when I print a piture and it has red in it, the red is orange. I unistalled flexi and still have that problem. Please if anyone can help it would be apreciated. Thanks[/b]
    ken did you ever find a fix for this, I have been fighting with my XC-540 and flexi for 8 months and recently found that it has something to do with Flexi on the export of the file. I can literally print the color charts from Versaworks and then Specify one of those colors in flexi, export the file to VW and it will print a completely different color.

I also designed a wrap in photoshop, exported it to flexi so I could manually tile it and then export each tile to VW for output, was getting the same red to orange problems. So I manually cropped the panels in Photoshop and exported to VW and it came out Red like it was supposed to. Which leads me to beliee the problem is associated with flexi either at import or export of the file it changes something with the colors.

I looked for import/export profiles in flexi, but didnt see anything at all. Does anyone know anything that can help me. I'm ready to burn flexi and or toss the XC-540 out the window. I never had issues with my versacamm even when using flexi 8.5.
    Thanks,
    Bret
    www.RALLYGRAFIX.com

Providing Wholesale Digital Printing Services, Feel Free to contact us for pricing.

Flexi Pro 8.5, Adobe CS3, 24" Ultra Pro-T, Roland XC-540, Royal Sovereign 55" Cold laminator