Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i always have trouble with this, making sure i get it in the same spot on all the shirts I am heat pressing, Anybody got a sure fire way to get the placement right on the front left chest area?
    Patti Lashomb
    Kalbones Sign Shop
    757-689-3809
    Virginia Beach, VA

Corel X5, Adobe Photoshop CS5, SignLab, Roland VersaCAMM VS 540, RS 55" Laminator, Cam Tech L10 Laser w/4x8 table

Patti, i'm very new to this as well, but I've always used the 4.5" down from the shoulder & 4.5" from the center crease. X marks the spot for the center of the graphic.
    Kyle aka Kisskrazed aka a Proud KISS ARMY member

KC Graphix
    Cincinnati, OH

email me here: kcgraphix AT cinci.rr.com (Remove the AT )

okay well, looking at the pocket t's i've here I can see why you say 4.5" over from the center but the top of a pocket is actually almost 9" down from the shoulder seam?
    Patti Lashomb
    Kalbones Sign Shop
    757-689-3809
    Virginia Beach, VA

Corel X5, Adobe Photoshop CS5, SignLab, Roland VersaCAMM VS 540, RS 55" Laminator, Cam Tech L10 Laser w/4x8 table

Here's how I was told to do it.

Place the center of the design about 7 1/2 inches below the point where the shoulder seam intersects with the collar. The center of the design should be about 4 inches to the right of the center line. A little lower and further from the center line for the bigger sizes.

I can never remember where to place things so I have to have a print out for referral.
    Darcy Schuur
    Gray Dog Graphics

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!

Dad & Josh

<A href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/MN/Chandler.html?bannertypeclick=big2" target=_blank>

Patti this is what i work from
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Golf Shirts 7-1/2" to 9" down from the left shoulder seam and 4" to 6" over from center - in line with neck meeting shoulder seam.
    T-Shirts >7-1/2" to 9" down from the left shoulder seam and 4" to 6" over from center
    Jackets Left Breast Area: 3-1/2" to 4" over from the center edge and 6" to 8" down from the shoulder seam - Snap jackets - 2nd snap location
    Full Fronts Depends on size of garment - Center of design should be high enough on the garment to ensure that no part of the design falls below the bottom of the "arm it" - Top of design 3" below neck band.
    Full Backs Top of design - 5" down from base of neck - large designs OK to ho below arm pits. Garments with hoods - designs must be placed lower to clear hood.
    Wash Cloths 1-1/2" above hem or 1" above border
    Hand Towels 2" above hem or 1-1/2" above border
    Bath Towels 4" above hem or 2" above border
    Sheets The bottom of the monogram should be centered about 2" above the wide hem line on the top side of the sheet
    Pillow Cases The monogram should be centered between the edge of the open end and the stitching on the hem or the border pattern
    Shirt Pockets Top design 1/4" to 1/2" down from the pocket edge and centered between the seams.
    Shirt Cuffs 1-3/8" toward the button hole (from center) and 1/4" above the top stitching at edge
    Ties 2" to 2 1/2" up from the collar and centered on front
    Turtle Necks Left neck area centered between center front and left shoulder seam. Bottom of design 1/2" to 3/4" up from edge[/b]
    Carpe Scrotum

Boston (no not that one) ENGLAND

Signlab5, Corel X3 and a BIG wooden spoon.

My Website

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    Don&#39;t look back. Something might be gaining on you.
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03391.html?bannertypeclick=miniWeather2" target="_blank">
    </a>

Cool, thanks for all the replies everyone, 7.5-9" down from that shoulder seam looks good to me. I did find this gadget while surfing around the net, I am not going to order it, everyone says its saving them time but looks like an extra step or two to me...............www.teesquareit.com
    Patti Lashomb
    Kalbones Sign Shop
    757-689-3809
    Virginia Beach, VA

Once you figure out where you're gonna put the thing, tape a laser pointer to a non-moving object, and point it at the top center of the spot.

Laser can be 10-15' away if you want.

The problem with using a hard measurement from the top of the shoulder is it looks different depending on the size of the shirt. Putting it say 10" below the seam on a large shirt may put it lower on a small shirt relative to the left chest. Depending on the shirt sometimes I use the seam where the sleeve meets the shirt in the armpit.
    Kevin Ross
    Batavia, Illinois USA
    <br\><br\>

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...<br\>

this is from barudan a good guidline

ID: KB01003

SEWING: Placement Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information in this article applies to the following machine models:
    Barudan N Series Multihead Embroidery machines: BENS, BENY, BENR, BENB
    Barudan BENT/ ELITE Single Head Embroidery machines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Placement Chart
    ITEM POSITION BACKING/
    TOPPING NEEDLE
    Apron Center bib, 4" down from top edge 1T 75/11
    Bib Centered 1T, S (Opt) 75/11
    Blanket 9"-11" down from corner, sewn on angle 1T, S 75/11
    Blouse 1" toward button hole (from center fold),1/4" above top stitching 1T, S (Opt) 70/10 (SILK USE BP)
    Oxford Broadcloth 1T 75/11
    Canvas Bag 4" down, centered between straps 1T, (Opt) 75/11 OR 80/12
    Cap Centered Cap T 75/11
    Christmas Stocking Center Cuff 1T,S (1C IF KNIT) 75/11
    Christmas Tree Skirt Center front 1T,S 75/11
    Handkerchief 1 1/2" from corner, sewn on angle 2T, Criss-crossed 70/10
    Jacket - Left Chest 6.5"-8" down from left shoulder seam, and 4" over from center. 1T 75/11
    Center Back
    9"-10" down from back collar seam. 1T 75/11
    Leather (bag) 4" down, centered between straps 1T (OPT)
    Lingerie/ P.J.'s 7"-9" down from left shoulder seam, and 3"-5" over from center. 1T, (1C IF KNIT) 70/10 BP
    Polo - S /M/ L
    7" down from left shoulder, 3"-5" over from ctr. 1C,(S OPT) 70/10 B
    XL/XXL 8" down from left shoulder 1C,(S OPT) 70/10 BP
    Robe 1T 75/11
    Scarf 4" from hem, centered 1T (OPT) 70/10 BP
    Sheets Centered inside band 1T 70/10
    Pillow Case Centered on pillow 1T 70/10
    Sham 1T (OPT) 70/10
    Shirt, Cuff 1 3/8" from button hole, 1/4" above top stitching at cuff edge. 1T (OPT) 75/11
    Pocket 1/4"- 1/2" down from pocket edge, centered between seams 1T 75/11
    T-Shirt same as polo 1C 70/10 BP
    Turtleneck 1/2"-1" up on turtle neck, 1 1/2" over from center 1C, A 75/11 BP
    Sweater same as polo 1C, S 70/10 BP
    Sweatshirt same as polo 1C 70/10 BP
    Table Cloth 5" up from corner edge 1T (OPT) 75/11
    Napkins 3" from diagonal corner fold 1T (OPT) 75/11
    Placemat 3" from diagonal corner fold, top right corner 1T (OPT) 75/11
    Towels- Terry cloth
    Wash 1 1/2" up from band centered 1T, S 75/11
    Hand
    3" up from band, centered 1T, S 75/11
    Bath 4" up from band, centered 1T, S 80/12
    Bath Sheet/
    Beach towel 5" up from band, centered 1T, S 80/12
    Sport 6" up from band, centered 1T, S 75/11

Keywords : placement
    Issue type : kbptechniques
    Technology : sewing
    Updated: 05/03/2005
    Roland GX-24 Adobe CS3, Corel x4, Flexi Sign Pro 8.1 pro , Stalls Heat Press, Stall Mug Press, 4 head Buradan Embriodery machine, new baradan elite pro embroidery machine and elite barudan also Riley Hopkins 6 colour screen press, hix drier, epson r1800 wide format HP 5000n and lancer exposure unit lancer XRI Press, lancer 6 color press, lancer exposure unit, King Rabbing Laser engraver, Mimaki jv3 printer, wilcon 2006 es, graphtec ce 5000 cutter

I always set mine halfway between the shoulder and armpit, then 1/4 of the way between the edge of the collar and the center seam. not an exact science, but haven't had any complaints yet.
    Joshua Bush
    Mill Creek Sign & Design
    Kingman, IN 47952

Flexi 6.5, Graphtec CE-3000-60,

a few really sharp crayons and a dull Xacto knife

Ever notice how much time and planning, then rearranging we do in designing, just to make something look random?