How much should I expect to be charged for channel letters on a raceway to be installed. The size is about 30'' x 14' . We will need a few sets installed on different days and different locations. Whoever is installing will need to rent a lift. Any other sign companies dealt with this scenerio?
    thanks

Tina P Guest
    It is hard to give you a price with the information provided. I can tell you the going rate for a metropolitan area. $140.00 an hour, two hour minimum. However, that is a mac daddy lift or bucket truck. At the shop I was at previously we had an old beat up bucket truck. If it was an easy raceway install I would only charge $75.00 per hour. If it was a more difficult job I charged $90.00 an hour. I always did a site visit, you never know what lies in front of an install with those channel letters. If I use the guy up the road now, he charges me $65.00 an hour. I mark it up to at least $90.00. He always seems to take longer than I think it should. hehehehe Good Luck.

The guy I use here charges $250/Job for the boom truck, then $100/Hour plus any materials.
    Joe Pelonio - Bellevue Instant Sign Co. Since 1987 Now in Sammamish, WA www.bellevuesign.com www.laserartists.com www.sammamishsign.com

Tina P Guest
    Jeez, he is hitting a lick. I am in NC. I know things cost so much more up North. I didn't even look to see where he is from. Jeez, that's a lick.

I usually pay y installer between $375 and $600 depending on the size and complexity, but a typical raceway mounted set usually runs around $400 for me. I add a bit to that cost to cover my time playing general contractor.

30" letters??
    how high is this going to be mounted? 20' 30' 40'?
    mounted on what? drivit? block/brick? etc
    neon? LED?
    pre-assembled?

your prob gonna need a two man bucket w/crane, and 3 workers at the min.
    -Jg

"I drink to understand the fools around me" - Ben Franklin

Malama 'Aina

Ummmm......

We must be too cheap. Around Central Illinois the rate for a man and the truck is $50 per hour and we give a second man for $27.50

I wish people were willing to pay those prices around these parts.

Hope you have good luck finding someone good for a reasonable price.

Justin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alfy @ Apr 10 2006, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ummmm......

We must be too cheap. Around Central Illinois the rate for a man and the truck is $50 per hour and we give a second man for $27.50

I wish people were willing to pay those prices around these parts.

Hope you have good luck finding someone good for a reasonable price.

Justin[/b]
    This kind of work depends on what's going on in the area. Here in Bellevue, also Seattle there's still a big building boom going on for multi-story buildings, condos, and shopping centers and people charge more for small jobs if you can get them to do it at all. The guy I use is a two man shop and likes the small jobs and his price is good compared to the bigger companies.
    Joe Pelonio - Bellevue Instant Sign Co. Since 1987 Now in Sammamish, WA www.bellevuesign.com www.laserartists.com www.sammamishsign.com

Our rates vary based on 1) how far up...most of the time this is for insurance on the job 2) building facia...lots of drilling hole in concrete=mo'money 3) how many do we need to throw up. Our average is $135 an hour 2 hours min that covers 2 guys. Weve done them for less I believe 65 an hour for a job that had 12 sets of raceways. That being said our last big install went for 3k a day do to the fact we had to carry 2 mill in insurance and the job was 125ft in the air.
    "Boldly designing signs that irritate fabricators...till they get their paychecks"
    Aaron Hunter
    Super Signs LTD
    Anchorage, Alaska

Tina P Guest
    You tell em Aaron. Sounds like a winner. You have good customers you take good care of.