Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    good to have this a pinned thread....looking forward to see it helping many folks....

May I ask (or propose) for another template Aaron.....?

Such as....simple (and beyond) "border templates" for design sketch presentations to customers....?

Like the page border and a header section for company logo and maybe including some contractural and copyright info, and a larger area where the design drawing fits in....?

Thanks Aaron...excellent thread building here.....
    JimmyG's Signs & hieroglyphics
    Local colour FINE SIGNS since 1980....
    slightly out of register......a drop shade away from statesboro blues...
    a tad bit offbeat and indeed a fine tone of local colour....
    designs, graphics, blasted redwood, hand-lettered painted signs, illuminations, metalworks, and other artful deeds that get installed into reality or maybe carved in stone.....

Found this PK Housing in a mag, forgot which one but decided to redraw it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

will take me a lil bit but sure thing Rick...I work in CD so to get the full drawing out into an AI is sometimes tricky. Should have it soon....Nice one Ronnie!...now if I could ever get to design Neon.
    Jimmy I can build something up for ya...if you want I can build it for your logo and tweek it to best suit ur needs. BTW ddo you work in scale?
    "Boldly designing signs that irritate fabricators...till they get their paychecks"
    Aaron Hunter
    Super Signs LTD
    Anchorage, Alaska

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aaron Hunter @ Apr 5 2006, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ...now if I could ever get to design Neon.
    Jimmy I can build something up for ya...if you want I can build it for your logo and tweek it to best suit ur needs. BTW do you work in scale?[/b]
    yea Aaron...working to scale with Corel and fitting the scale to what draws will fit a printable page....(for the initial design scale drawings)...and after that, use those to produce full scale production patterns and such....

given all that, I have to try fit the scale drawings into a sketch page (with borders and logo and info) to present to the client for quote and deposit payment.....

designing Neon is quite fun.....the follow thru on the neon patterns for the neon tube bender is quite another perplexing drawing....experience schooled me....
    designs, graphics, blasted redwood, hand-lettered painted signs, illuminations, metalworks, and other artful deeds that get installed into reality or maybe carved in stone.....

I sure can make some up for you...Ive gotten mine to point where I have them in the major scales. If you want send me your logo and anything special you want to add and I'll put some together for you.
    Do you use more then one page size?...trying to get the bosses to try using legal size so I can fit more goodies in there. We do a lot of custom architectual that usually uses 2-4 perspectives as well as a day/night and in-pic and thats before I have to prep it with foundations for the permit office, so Im hoping they go for it. Oh yeah almost forgot what version of corel are ya using?

Almost forgot...neon patterns...I use the bezier tool to center line the channel lets say or draw my neon. I set my out line to the mm of glass...when it comes time for patts..I'll Convert Outline to Shape under Arrange(cntrl+shift+Q for those shortcut key people) and BAM I have my patts...theres a couple of lil steps in there involving the outline settings Think I should make a Tut?
    "Boldly designing signs that irritate fabricators...till they get their paychecks"
    Aaron Hunter
    Super Signs LTD
    Anchorage, Alaska

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aaron Hunter @ Apr 6 2006, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Almost forgot...neon patterns...I use the bezier tool to center line the channel lets say or draw my neon. I set my out line to the mm of glass...when it comes time for patts..I'll Convert Outline to Shape under Arrange(cntrl+shift+Q for those shortcut key people) and BAM I have my patts...theres a couple of lil steps in there involving the outline settings Think I should make a Tut?[/b]
    yea Aaron, pretty much same technique here also.....
    For designing window neon lettering, I will use thin stroke fonts, kern for the workability of the glass mm size, and generate patterns likewise to your explained method...

Yeahh...why not make a Tut......

For scale drawings, I go to legal size when a sign is to long horizontally to fit the standard page, the object being to show a large as possible scale drawing....
    I deliver those to the customer in a legal file folder as well.....

Couldnt get this to you in a PM Jimmy but here ya go
    heres the one I use daily in a down version
    Aaron Hunter
    Super Signs LTD
    Anchorage, Alaska

Excellent Aaron....what some great improvements....and with new built-in "info input" factors...
    It's gonna be an improved pleasure to use....

(for those downloading "sketchtempl1"....ya might want to add your own name to the copyright warning line at the bottom.....or else, some of your customers defaulting on copyright laws will be sending me checks for $350.....)
    do ya reckon...?

and Aaron...Super Nice sketch template you have for your company....
    althought the dark to black boxes with white lettering seem hard to read at first, it sure opens many possibilities for color there in contrast and collaboration with whatever the "design sketch" colors are.....
    Not to mention the further built-in "info input" factors.....

Thanks Aaron......really nice sketch templates.....

Aaron you are a sweetheart!...Pat keeps pushing for the next art person to use corel, but when i try to export my flexi file detail pages as ai files to import into corel some things are always missing...the number circles for the notes or the border inside the title block or something!....and i dont know corel well enough to recreate them easily & quickly....i don't need them right away, but i wouldnt mind having ANY letter details - raceway as well as wall mounted, halo, front lit...whatever you have! and any others you want to post...im not greedy...just needy!...THANK YOU!!!!!

<html><body>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#111111" width="35%">
    <tr> <td>

</td><td align="Left">Alice Blankenship
    aliceblankenhip(at)gmail.com
    (change the (at) to @ and send!)
    162 12th St.
    Conneaut, OH 44030
    PH # 440-599-2329
    FAX # 440-593-4458</font></td> </tr></table></body></html>

You can email me anytime (now that the email above is fixed!), call or fax anytime...thanks!

It\'s a good thing we don\'t get all the government we pay for.
    Back Up My Hard Drive? I Can\'t Find The Reverse Switch!

Heres a few that Ive aquired,built and modified over the years. I dont use them much anymore since Ive started going with more of a realistic look to them. They are in my "spare time"(yeah right) folder but Im hoping to have the need for them soon so I can get them done. I down versioned these to ver 8 if one fails to open let me know and I'll try to get it working. Enjoy!
    Aaron Hunter
    Super Signs LTD
    Anchorage, Alaska